At MoonPay we take your security seriously, which is why at some point we may need you to take a moment to verify your Source of Funds. We will do our best to make the verification process as quick and easy as possible.
Check below what documents you need to upload depending on your source of wealth (please make sure that your name, dates, and all document information are clearly visible):
- Salary: If your top-up was generated from your salary, you’ll need to send us copies of your payslips from the previous 3 months or a tax statement.
- Savings: In order to verify your savings, we need to know how you earned the money that you put aside as saving. Please upload a bank statement showing the current balance of your savings account and relevant documents showing the source of your savings.
- Sale of property: If you’ve sold a property and put some or all of the proceeds to your MoonPay account, you'll need to send us a copy of the sale agreement for the property or a signed letter from the lawyer handling the sale of the property; a bank statement showing the proceeds of the sale being credited to your bank account, and a statement showing the funds being transferred to your bank account.
- Cryptocurrency: In order to verify your cryptocurrency funds, we need to know how you earned the money that you invested in cryptocurrency. Please provide us with the relevant documents and statements showing your current cryptocurrency balance and any deposits/trades/withdrawals from the last 3 months.
- Loan: If the source of your deposit is a loan - please upload an executed copy of the loan agreement and a bank statement showing the received funds along with your current balance.
- Inheritance: If you have inherited wealth - please upload the grant of probate, the inheritance will, and a bank statement showing the received funds along with your current balance.
Please note that by accepting our Terms & Conditions you have agreed to supply all necessary information about your source of funds. Learn more from our article here.